HLSC220 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Nightingale Pledge, Family Affairs

33 views2 pages
13 Oct 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

In 1794 thomas perceval, a liberal minded physician, circulated a pamphlet that was published u(cid:374)der the (cid:374)a(cid:373)e (cid:858)medical ethics(cid:859). I(cid:374) this pa(cid:373)phlet a code of (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iour (cid:449)as prese(cid:374)ted to e(cid:374)a(cid:271)le all of the differe(cid:374)t (cid:858)professio(cid:374)als(cid:859) to get along however, despite this code, sparring between the groups continued well into the 20th century. Hippocratic oath: some points from the classical version of the oath I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; i will keep them from harm and injustice. I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will i make a suggestion to this effect. I solemnly pledge myself before god and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers