PSYC200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Imaginary Audience, Neuroconstructivism, Egocentrism

33 views3 pages
1 Aug 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Cognition refers to the i(cid:374)(cid:374)er pro(cid:272)esses a(cid:374)d produ(cid:272)ts of the (cid:373)i(cid:374)d that lead to (cid:858)k(cid:374)o(cid:449)i(cid:374)g(cid:859): attending, reasoning. Clinical method flexible, question & answer technique; problems to solve. Children construct virtually all their knowledge about the world through their own activity. Equilibration the effort by the organism to exist in harmony with its environment. Scheme (schemata: organised pattern of action or thought that people construct to interpret their experiences, rules or procedures that structure our cognition, organisation children systematically combine existing schemes into new and more complex ones. The nature of these schemes change as we mature; they become more sophisticated. Children are most fascinated by experiences that can be assimilated into existing schemes, but not too easily, so that some accommodation is required. Identified 4 stages of cognitive development: discontinuous, qualitatively distinct, sequential, universal. Infant uses senses and motor abilities to understand the world: object is known in terms of what s/he can do to it.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers