PSYC212 Lecture 8: PSYC212 - Lecture 8-9

50 views4 pages
24 Jul 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Decision making traps: failing to consider every alternative, not considering every possible outcome, unrealistic expectations about consequences (i. e. wishful thinking) People make decisions based on their individual style. = the mental processes used to simplify the task of responding to uncertainty. i. e. short cut strategies used for making complex decisions under pressure. They are generally valid, but can also lead to predictable errors. Availability: the perceived likelihood of an event or outcome is based on the ease with which relevant instances can be brought to mind. I. e. where you try to imagine examples in order to answer the question; if one option has more available examples then this one is often chosen even if it is incorrect. Example: ross & sicoly (1979): partners asked to estimate who does the most shopping, cleaning and cooking in each house hold. To answer this question participants recall examples of when they did these things and when their part(cid:374)er did.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers