PSYC212 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Social Desirability Bias, Interaction Model, Crew Resource Management

28 views4 pages
24 Jul 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Wording: length, ambiguity, comprehension, variable meanings with different connotations. Response scales: provide a frame of acceptable answers and depending on the way the scales are framed different answers can be elicited. Order effects: switching the order of questions can also elicit different answers, often due to priming effects. Response wording: some words carry very influential connotations. e. g. forbidden vs allowed: each activate very different norms. Title survey is given: also affects answers given via priming. Social interaction model: proposes that being asked questions in a survey is like an ordinary interaction in which social rules play a part. But it is unlike an ordinary interaction in that divergence from sequence is not allowed and neither is collaboration in establishing the meaning of terms. Schwarz self reports: how the questions shape the answers. Literal meaning of the question: i. e. comprehension of the words: p(cid:396)ag(cid:373)ati(cid:272) (cid:373)ea(cid:374)i(cid:374)g: i. e. i(cid:374)fe(cid:396)e(cid:374)(cid:272)es a(cid:271)out the (cid:395)uestio(cid:374)e(cid:396)"s i(cid:374)te(cid:374)tio(cid:374), relies on tacit assumptions:

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers