ANAT30007 Lecture Notes - Lecture 26: Ulnar Nerve, Thenar Eminence, Aplasia

15 views11 pages

Document Summary

Wrist ligaments difficult to define: accurately and reproducibly. Most studies: focus on a small region (not entire wrist, look for a single pattern, don"t categorise their sample population. Kinematic studies (how the body moves: unclear results often contradictory, when categorized by lunate type, two distinct motion patterns observed. Fasicular dissection approach under magnification: used to look at individual fascicles (strings that make up a tendon, ligament, or muscle) Red dense tissue = ligamentous and attaches directly to bone in organized manner: thickening of the bone because of mechanical force transmission. Capsular tissue (non-ligamentous) still attaches to bone: thinner/porous bone. Red ligament attached to scaphoid with mean area of attachment of. Type i: single articular facet for capitate. In this sample population 69% of specimens had distinct bone typing (absolutely certain that they were either type i or ii: of those, 87. 5% were type i. Close connections with the tfcc (triangular fibrocartilaginous complex deeper to the uclc)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers