PHTY203 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Respiratory System, Homeostasis, Circulatory System

64 views8 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Acute and long term responses to resistance exercise. Describe the energy systems used in rt and how they influence performance: although each energy system contributes to the production of atp during resistance training, the energy system that dominates is dependent on: If exhausted, takes up to 8 min to replenish: anaerobic glycolysis produces hydrogen ions which reduces muscle ph, reducing contractile force. For general muscle fitness, train each major muscle group 2-3days/week. Increased motor unit synchronization and firing rate: reduced neural inhibition. Lo(cid:449) (cid:373)oderate i(cid:374)te(cid:374)sit(cid:455) e(cid:454)er(cid:272)ise (cid:374)o (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ge: high i(cid:374)te(cid:374)sit(cid:455) loads gro(cid:449)th of (cid:272)o(cid:374)(cid:374)e(cid:272)t i (cid:448)e tissues, cartilage: Insulin: need for changes in rmr, the following hormones are of special interest in skeletal muscle hypertrophy and are triggered by repeated bouts of rt and stimulate repair. Their effect lasts up to 30 minutes after exercise: growth hormone. Stimulates igf1 in skeletal muscle, promoting satellite cell activation, proliferation and differentiation: testosterone, with skeletal muscle, has an anabolic (muscle building) effect.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers