MIRA3004 Lecture 5: Urography 2

27 views6 pages

Document Summary

Overcomes super imposition of overlying and underlying structures. Structure on a selected plane are shown with good detail and those above and below are blurred. Coordinated movement of tube and image receptor around a fixed plane within the patient. Objects above or below fulcrum plane change position and are thus blurred. Fulcrum height (centre of kidney ~10cm from the back. Most common in male patient study of urethra. War(cid:373)ed cm slo(cid:449)ly i(cid:374)fused through a (cid:858)gi(cid:448)i(cid:374)g set(cid:859) i(cid:374)to bladder. Intermittent pulses of fluoroscopy (check for progress of filling and possible reflux) Spot images of the bladder, kidneys and ureters. Catheter balloon deflated when bladder is full or when cm leaks around the catheter. Rapid imaging during micturition to record any reflux. Vesicoureteral reflux: retrograde reflux of urine from bladder to kidney. Pain in the lower part of the abdomen. Blood in the urine after two days. Reddish or pinkish, foul-smelling, or cloudy urine. Excretory phase: collecting system, ureters and urinary bladder.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers