Lecture One 22-07-2013
Communication in Learning and Teaching
Make sure readings are always done prior to attending classes or else classes will be redundant
Communication is a massive part of teaching.
Tutorial One 22-07-2013
Julia Rothwell – [email protected]
Will check emails Monday-Wednesday and Friday also
What is communication?
- Sharing ideas, thoughts, feelings with others whether via verbal, non-verbal, or written
- Give meaning successfully
- Intangible but can be stored and transmitted
- Transporting/exchanging information
- Mass or personal
- Direct or indirect
- Conveying messages
- Multiple modes of representation
What is it for?
- Meeting a need
“It is impossible to say just what I mean.”
Element of collaboration
Thinking constantly Think, pair, share – experiences