ACCT20001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Cost Driver, Focus Group, Fixed Cost

64 views2 pages
ACCT20001 Cost Management - Tutorial Week 3
1. Bhimani et al 6e: 2.14; 2.15; 2.16
Classification of costs, service sector
(1520 min)
Cost object: Each individual focus group.
Cost variability: With respect to changes in the number of focus groups.
There may be some debate over classifications of individual items. Debate is more
likely as regards cost variability.
Cost item D or I V or F
A D V
B
I F
C
I Va
D
I F
E
D V
F
I F
G
D V
H
I Vb
a Some students will note that phone call costs are variable when each call has a separate charge. It may be a
fixed cost if Presta-Servos has a flat monthly charge for a line, irrespective of the amount of usage.
b Petrol costs are likely to vary with the number of focus groups. However, vehicles likely serve multiple
purposes and detailed records may be required to examine how costs vary with changes in one of the many
purposes served.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Acct20001 cost management - tutorial week 3: bhimani et al 6e: 2. 14; 2. 15; 2. 16. Cost variability: with respect to changes in the number of focus groups. There may be some debate over classifications of individual items. Debate is more likely as regards cost variability. Vb a some students will note that phone call costs are variable when each call has a separate charge. It may be a fixed cost if presta-servi os has a flat monthly charge for a line, irrespective of the amount of usage. Petrol costs are likely to vary with the number of focus groups. However, vehicles likely serve multiple purposes and detailed records may be required to examine how costs vary with changes in one of the many purposes served. Cost variability: with respect to changes in the number of films sold, assumptions may be made over classifications of individual items. This is mainly in relation to cost variability.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers