EDUC10057 Lecture 11: (Week 11) - Future of Positive Psychology

65 views1 pages
EDUC10057 WELLBEING, MOTIVATION, & PERFORMANCE
LECTURE 11 THE FUTURE OF POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
Criticisms of Positive Psychology:
Has connotations that the work of other psychologists is ‘negative’
Is a luxury only for the privileged in our society
Assumes we must think positive thoughts, cultivate positive emotions & attitudes, play to our
strengths to be happy, healthy, & wise
Means different things to different people
Future Research Areas:
Integration with other disciplines
Toward a systems approach
Bioecological model of human development
Trauma informed positive education
Repairing regulatory abilities → repairing relational capacities → increasing psychological
resources
Understanding negative phenomena that lead to positive outcomes
Positive Psychology 2.0: (Wong) comprehensive theory to wellbeing that values both positive &
negative emotions. Pillars of: virtue, meaning, resilience, & wellbeing
Tragic optimism: simultaneously allows for unavoidable pain. Faith in the potential of transforming
tragedies into triumphs. Provides negative motivations that trigger our quest for meaning
Meaning mindset: rather than happiness mindset
Existential Positive Psychology: sees human existence as inherently positive, & emphasises the courage
& responsibility of living an authentic life. Spiritual.
Who am I? How can I be happy? What should I do with my life? How do I make the right choices?
Where do I belong? What is the point of striving when life is so short?
Second Wave Positive Psychology
LECTURE 12 REVISION
No new content covered
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Lecture 11 the future of positive psychology. Criticisms of positive psychology: has connotations that the work of other psychologists is negative", assumes we must think positive thoughts, cultivate positive emotions & attitudes, play to our. Is a luxury only for the privileged in our society strengths to be happy, healthy, & wise: means different things to different people. Future research areas: toward a systems approach. Integration with other disciplines: bioecological model of human development, trauma informed positive education, repairing regulatory abilities repairing relational capacities increasing psychological resources, understanding negative phenomena that lead to positive outcomes. Positive psychology 2. 0: (wong) comprehensive theory to wellbeing that values both positive & negative emotions. Pillars of: virtue, meaning, resilience, & wellbeing: tragic optimism: simultaneously allows for unavoidable pain. Faith in the potential of transforming tragedies into triumphs. Provides negative motivations that trigger our quest for meaning: meaning mindset: rather than happiness mindset.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers