MGNT201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Edgar Schein, Organizational Culture, Breast Implant

33 views10 pages
14 Jul 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

According to anthropologists and sociologists, culture represents the belief systems, values and specific human behaviours that distinguish one society from another. Organisational culture: despite the connection between organisational culture and national or host culture, organisations will still develop their own individual cultures derived from the particular characteristics and experiences unique to the organisation, e. g. multinational companies. What is culture: 151 + definitions - ollie 1951. "a collective programming of the mind which distinguished one group from another" - hofstede. "(cid:373)e(cid:374)tal progra(cid:373)(cid:373)i(cid:374)g patter(cid:374)s of thi(cid:374)ki(cid:374)g a(cid:374)d feeli(cid:374)g a(cid:374)d pote(cid:374)tial acti(cid:374)g" - hoftede. "a groups pattern on shared taken for granted basic assumptoins" - edgar schein: more informally: "the way we do things around here" - lecturers fave. Schein also observes that culture is the result of a complex group learning process that is only partially influenced by leader behaviour. "they just do(cid:374)"t do that i(cid:374) that i(cid:374)dustry" Strongly regulated, weakly integrated: e. g. totalitarian regimes or organisations, basis of power - domination.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers