KHA735 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Question Time, Systems Theory, Body Image

63 views3 pages

Document Summary

Case study: 25 year old male, wheelchair bound following spinal injury at 12 due to motor vehicle accident, disabilities influence the process of therapy, but not necessarily the content. Loss of beginning to notice some limitations: something i wanted or expected to happen didn"t end up eventuating, stress, future goals and plans, economic stability. Stigma: perceptions are changing e. g. paralympics. Acknowledge when someone says you have offended them: apologizing may be detrimental, acknowledge and commit to making change- i wasn"t aware of that, i really appreciate your honesty in telling me, often stigma is unconscious. Relationship issues: experience, lack of independence, logistics of getting places, parental overprotectiveness, lack of opportunity, communication. Quality of life issues: not per say the disability, dependent on, social, etc. The role of carers: systems- approach, paid carers through ndis, many familial carers, parents, rather than spouses. St. giles: autism assessment, working with intellectual and physical disabilities.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers