Business
Course
BUSI 2601
Professor
alanchi
Semester
Fall

Description
BUSI 2601 BUSINESS LAW NOVEMBER 7 2013 CLASS NOTES Any questions on the term paper. 4/5 Deceember Recommendation: to think and guide people that this is the approach you are going to take What’s the call you are making Make calls. You have to think as managers What is the right business call There is no right or wrong answer it should make sense each provision of your agreement : each clause is the describtion Concept and principle: You have everything to go. Provisions: are they fair. Do you think that there should be there that should guide. Corrective measures: adding into the agreement e.g: for women you are pregnant and you have an employment contract after 4 months you have a miscarriage or abortion etc you actually become medically ill what provision will allow you to get paid work days off and you will be getting a percentage of salary -> if child is born…. Who covers you? You have to go back to employment insurance package. Who covers the gab. You may have parental leave but you don’t think of any other leave What is the rule in your contract .. it’s the matter of corrective measure Alot of women do not think that this should be covered. You have to take care of yourself. Other issues: Think about your situation suppose you have a kid that is physically handicap that you want one month you want a relief break. Or you have a parent that is need of services you are a primary caretaker. Was a Carleton university student in the actual bus? Do they have life insurance? Who pays for the funeral? Corrective measures: the stuff those are not in the contract or not properly explained. e.g: in my contract they have background inquiry it doesn’t say how long back how  far should they go check your background check . The time frame is not mentioned  you can talk about that. Chapter 5, 6, 7,8,9 Contract why is it imp Contract is the actual execution of a promise between two parties or more where there  is mutual consideration and it’s enforceable in law.  So the idea is it’s a promise made between two or more parties that it deals ……. I am doing something that I am getting something return. There is a box that actually says donate, who actually took a poppy and didn’t donate. So to make a long if I take a poppy and not put a penny in the box why? It’s suppose  to be a box for donation so I could take a wish and say wish you the best Why is it poppy a Canadian symbol for November 11. It’s a poem written by  The poppy was a flower that was on a battlefield It’s a symbol of regrowing  First world war: we did not retreat the dead bodies from the battlefield. Dead bodies  were decomposing then poppy grow on high density of calcium. These people are  dead yo have a duty to safeguard and take care of your society  If not then you have given up  Moto of Montreal something in the locker room: NHL office in Toronto, if you go there it’s the statement it’s the symbol of  Story we carry high the torch it’s upto you to carry it. Everything is connected in business. If I go to church, there are actual candles that light up 3 bucks for small and 5 bucks  for big ones and it says put the coins in the box.  Suppose you only have 3 bucks do  you light the candles, you are in a church are you buying spirit? I gave 2 box am I  legally allowed? Technically allowed yes you are.  If you were in a mall yes you have to pay it’s a private setting you are required to pay  the right amount. What are the element that actually generates the legal factors behind the creation of  contract? 1. Communication: is all the element how you enter the agreement and we  understand how we get together to create the contract e.g: that I am a form of  all the provision, and all the party unders e.g: we are getting winter season where you get influenza,  hospitals in Canada  have been developing new ways to deal with C­deficil  . the penicillin shot is  not enough  to kill the bacteria C­deficil. We do now is we actual ask the  patients to collect the their stool for 3­4 days. We could ask your relative for  next 5 days. So we bring it to hospital to check the actual culture of the  bacteria.  This is an issue of communication are employees informed about  this are you suppose to do it? Is it in your contract. The question is  e.g: you work for McDonald’s or burger king. Lobby: who cleans the  bathrooms, did you go in the men bathroom, employment contract  Point is this, policy: wash your hands and sterilize it, managers reminded us 2. Bargain power: we presume that everybody has the capacity to negotiate and  they have the tools to properly represent themselves. It means they are able to take of care of their own affairs. You will apply the  reasonable objective test. Will a reasonable person enter this contract in that  capacity? That’s the reasonable objective test..  e.g: will a guy wave his patron’s for his past, b. we don’t know the conditions  and promises, maybe I am giving you the job that have economic pension and  facility, e.g: Montreal Canadian had a fantastic player mr. gomez he was paid upto 8 m  dollars a year and scored 2 goals 2 years ago. He had a clause to American  hockey league. There was a strike of hockey he couldn’t even make to the  actual garage week in Alaska he couldn’t even make the team in the bush  league. They gave him out, and we will pay you to get rid of them. They paid  to get rid of a guy they cashed him out. That being said it’s an example for that  notion. 3. economic reality: the context that we negotiate / sign the agreement. Going  from the interest rate, going from the actual environment of the  10 years ago we had a lot of daily traders on stock market they would make  fantastic revenue the stock market dried up, they are rare bread now. If you  weren’t doing it 10 years you were a yahoo if you are doing it today you are a  yahoo. In 1985 we used to teach a lot of concept about Japanese, they had this cash,  they were bringing up lots of these concepts,  you remember those things we  don’t use it so we don’t remember, today we don’t even teach these techniques  we don’t even talk about it, things change.       4.  Business relationship: step­by­step approach that we use to achieve results. how do we actually conclude the actual result of negotiation ? how did we get this party to agree e.g: this british group:  are they are still playing together no, how are we going  to get this guy to come Lets say he was in justin beiber in brazil come out of jail ? he was charged  with criminal offence he was find with a lady, he is the second person in the  world ha
More Less

Related notes for BUSI 2601

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit