COMS 3500 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Golden Rule, Netflix, Categorical Imperative

89 views3 pages

Document Summary

Today"s lecture is about right and wrong-ethics is the philosophical study of morality. We study ethics because we want to explore big questions about how we are to live as human and how we are to conduct ourselves with others. To put awkwardly, ethics is something that we can see through our actions. What we do in a given situation reflects our ethical position regarding that action. As a result, our actions communicate values, principles, and morals that we possess individually and as a society. In today"s class, i want to take up the relationship between media and ethics in two ways: first, i want to look at how media institution possess ethical codes, standards, and practices that guide their actions. Secondly i want to look at how new technologies may have ethical assumptions built into them by us and , more over, how our engagement with those new technologies challenges is to think of our ethical standards.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers