MUSI 1002 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Arithmetic Shift, Bitwise Operation, Combinational Logic

20 views1 pages

Document Summary

As in a computer language there is no sign which goes with the number itself, but instead it stores the information in bits with values zero or one. The unsigned integer with n bits in a computer can have a (cid:448)alue (cid:271)et(cid:449)ee(cid:374) (cid:862)(cid:1004) a(cid:374)d (cid:1006)n (cid:1005)(cid:863). O(cid:374) the other ha(cid:374)d sig(cid:374)ed i(cid:374)tegers are stored i(cid:374) a (cid:272)o(cid:373)puter usi(cid:374)g (cid:1006)"s complement i. e. a technique to convert a number in an appropriate length n bits in order to store in computer. So this way a single binary value, coded accordingly can represent signed or unsigned integer value. Adder: it performs binary addition of bits using combinational logic circuits. Subtractor: same combinational logic as used in adder but with the difference that it performs subtraction (or negation) on binary numbers. Multiplier: a logic circuit used to multiply (or arithmetic shift) two binary numbers using binary adders. Divider: a logic circuit that divides the frequency of input signal by a given divisor value.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers