NEUR 2200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Synapsis, Nerve Growth Factor, Olfactory Bulb

38 views2 pages

Document Summary

Parahippocampal cortex: receives connections from parietal cortex, involved in visuospatial processing. Usi(cid:374)g (cid:448)isual i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) to ide(cid:374)tify a(cid:374) o(cid:271)je(cid:272)t"s lo(cid:272)atio(cid:374) i(cid:374) spa(cid:272)e. Monkeys with hippocampal lesions have difficulty learning the location of objects. Perirhinal cortex: receives connections from the visual regions of the ventral stream, involved in visual object memory. Entorhinal cortex: receives projections from parahippocampal and perirhinal cortices; integrative function (first shows (cid:272)ell death i(cid:374) alzhei(cid:373)er"s) Chickadees are food storing birds, the have a larger hippocampus in comparison to a common sparrow which is not food storing. Retrograde amnesia: inability to remember events that took place before the amnesia. In consolidation, or stabilizing a memory trace after learning, memories move from the hippocampus to diffuse regions in the neocortex. Reconsolidation: the process of restabilizing a memory trace after the memory is revisited. Associative learning: linkage of two or more unrelated stimuli to elicit a behavioral response.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers