PHIL 1301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Category Mistake, Speedstep, George Berkeley

10 views2 pages

Document Summary

*present tense, first person, argumentative, explain terms, any style reference page /in text e. x. (clark and chalmers, 1998,p. 11) , size 12, times new roman, 1. 5 line spacing, numbered, name, student number, course code at top. First paragraph: intro (cid:862)i (cid:449)ill argue that(cid:863) 3 why you find it most compelling. 4 its implication for what you can know. Step 6. 5 explain, discuss, consider a potential counterexample. Final paragraph: conclusion repetitio(cid:374) of i(cid:374)tro (cid:862)i(cid:374) this paper i argued that(cid:863) Mind body problem (campbell: the human body is a material thing, the human mind is an immaterial thing, mind and body interact, matter cannot interact with immaterial things. Parralleliast dualist: the (cid:373)i(cid:374)d a(cid:374)d (cid:271)od(cid:455) do(cid:374)"t i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)t. Epiphenomenalism dualist: the body can causally influence the mind but not vice versa. Idealists reject 1 bodies are not material e. x. Bishop berkeley argues that external objects are all really a part of the material realm aka things are part of the imagination.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers