PHIL 1550 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Nicomachean Ethics, Intentionality, Virtue Ethics

81 views2 pages

Document Summary

Addresses a need that is not filled by either consequentialism or deontology. Both consequentialism and deontology attempt to answer the question what should i do? by reference. Both focus on determinate decision procedures (61) These decisions are difficult and rules often run into trouble, rules contradict one another. The variety of factors that go into moral considerations are so complex that it is utterly implausible to. Moral character is proper behaviour in front of people, how other people think you act (about. How to get people to cultivate a disposition suppose that such complexities could be catered for usable rules or principles (65) reputation), qualities people possess. Virtue ethics does better at accommodating commonsense moral institutions, as encompassed by the. This vocabulary is huge and most remarkable specific, especially in terms of vices. How am i to achieve eudaimonia, to live happily or well? (how am i to live the life of virtue?) (61)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers