PHIL 2003 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Deductive Reasoning, Statistical Syllogism, Analytic Philosophy

23 views2 pages

Document Summary

Validity deductive logical strength is simply a matter of logical form: whether a deductive argument is valid depends simply on what form the argument has. Inductive logical strength is not simply a matter of logical form: two inductive arguments with the very same form can be very different when it comes to logical strength. 90% of carleton students surveyed think that capital punishment is wrong. Therefore, celine thinks that capital punishment is wrong. Survey covered a large number and wide variety of carleton students. Carleton students, all members of restoration not retribution . I"ve always done better on finals than on midterms. So, i"ll do better on the final for this course that i did on the midterm. Professor has notated in the course syllabus that the final is unusually tough compared to the midterm. Background information: professor has notated in the course syllabus that the midterm is unusually tough compared to the final.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers