PSYC 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Little Albert Experiment, Forensic Psychology, Behavioral Neuroscience

32 views6 pages

Document Summary

The science that studies behaviour and the physiological and cognitive processes that underlie it. Science: using research to determine universals in human behaviour- as opposed to folk legends, intuition, palmistry, etc. The profession that applies the accumulated knowledge of this science to practical problems. Profession: includes clinical psychology (treatment of those with psychological disorders) as well as many other ways that psychological research can be applied to real life. My experience may be different from others. There is a socio historical context to the study of human behaviour. Behaviour determined by multiple cases including culture, genetics & environment. Module 1b: example of psychology as a science. When i work harder i get more. When i reach my limit, no matter how hard i try, that"s it. I have a certain amount of ability, no more, no les. Wod & bandura (social cognitive theory of unorganized management) They took a number of business school graduates (completed 4 years, business degree)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers