PSYC 1002 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Psychopathy, Personality Disorder, Impulsivity

15 views3 pages
16 Mar 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Personality disorders: personality disorder, an enduring pattern of inner experience and behaviour that deviates markedly from the expectations of the i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s culture ((cid:373)a(cid:374)ifested i(cid:374) at least 2 of the follo(cid:449)i(cid:374)g areas: cognition, affectivity, interpersonal functioning, or impulse control) Has an onset in adolescence or early childhood. Is stable over time: the 10 pds are grouped into three clusters based on descriptive similarities, odd/eccentric, dramatic/emotional, anxious/fearful, the clustering system has serious limitations and has not been consistently validated. Individuals frequently present with co-occurring pds from different clusters. Cluster a: odd/eccentric: persons with these disorders appear odd, eccentric, do not get along well with others, paranoid, schizotypal, and schizoid. Individuals with this disorder will assume that other people will exploit, harm, or deceive. Paranoid: pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent. them, even if no evidence exists to support this expectation. Individuals often have ideas of reference (i. e. incorrect interpretations of casual incidents.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers