PSYC 2100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 58: National Sorry Day, September 11 Attacks, Tutsi

14 views11 pages

Document Summary

The end of today"s lecture marks the end of the material covered on midterm 1. Actions that benefit either an individual or society as a whole. Most time people think of positive things as prosocial behaviours, but often they are mundane acts (i. e. , stopping at a stop sign or following traffic rules) Examples of prosocial behaviours: paying for your items at a store, helping someone pick up their books, obeying traffic lights, volunteering at a local shelter. People often think of extreme positive behaviours when in fact much of what we do in a day can be considered prosocial behaviours. Builds relationships: i. e. , if you babysit your friend"s cat, they will feel gratitude from your help. Builds resources: i. e. , social support from friends if you move a friend, later on when you need help moving they will help you move. Helps society function (i. e. , obeying laws) society would crumble if nobody followed rules.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers