PSYC 2400 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Guildford Four And Maguire Seven, Heart Rate, Fidgeting

15 views8 pages

Document Summary

Purpose of an interrogation: obtain a confession, obtain information about the crime. Very forceable, you torture them for a confession and its not reliable. In canada: confession must be voluntary, confessor must be competent. Lying, threats, using false evidence to trick them. Not keeping human rights, keeping inmates naked in jail cells. The charles lindbergh case (200 people called in and confessed they killed the baby) Crime occurs, i see it on the news and i call into the police and i say i did it: coerced-internalized confessions. Happen during interrogation they think they did the crime so they confess: coerced-compliant confessions. They confess even though they know they didn"t do it. When a person intends to mislead another person deliberately without being explicitly asked to do so by the target. Married couples lied in 1 out of 10 interactions with their partners. On average people lied to 34% of the people with whom they interacted in a typical week.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers