PSYC 3301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Institute For Operations Research And The Management Sciences, Contingency Theory, Reinforcement

84 views6 pages

Document Summary

A(cid:374) effe(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e leader can manage and work with the team in the best possible way to attain the overall goal of the team. Behaviour theories of leadership: there are universal behaviours that are exhibited by leaders. They will let team members know what is expected, they maintain standards of performance and make sure team members follow rules and regulations: consideration structure: these are relationship focused. They are more concerned for the welfare of the group or team. More importance on relationships, mutual trust and friendship. They will be approachable, friendly, equal to all members etc: the cox leadership acceptance model explains that high consideration and high initiating will predict strong leadership. Trait theories of leadership: top leaders possess certain characteristics/traits that make them successful. Effective in professional environments: required behaviour: follow a conduct and social norms and how they affect leadership behaviour, preferred behaviour: (cid:374)ature of group i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)i(cid:374)g leader(cid:859)s (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iour i(cid:374) situations, actual behaviour: adaptive and reactive behaviours.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers