PSYC 3402 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: 8 Women, Meta-Analysis, Catatonia

74 views13 pages

Document Summary

Li tried to escape the bus through a window and the rcmp arrested him. At his trial in 2009, li pled not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder: psychiatrist li heard voices from god telling him to execute mclean. Li was found not criminally responsible for the offence on account of mental disorder (schizophrenia) Li was remanded to the selkirk mental health centre in manitoba. Is a syndrome characterized by a clinically significant disturbance to cognitions, emotions, or behaviors. Module 9 mentally disordered offenders: reflects dysfunction of the psychological, biological, or developmental processes underlying mental functioning. Is usually associated w/ significant distress i(cid:374) o(cid:374)e"s life (cid:894)e. g. i(cid:374) so(cid:272)ial, o(cid:272)(cid:272)upatio(cid:374)al, or other important activities) Is not short-lived, but persists i(cid:374) a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s life for so(cid:373)e ti(cid:373)e. Diagnosing (cid:373)e(cid:374)tal disorder : most common approach for diagnosing mental disorders is to use a diagnostic manual (e. g. icd or dsm) Part 4: interaction with the police and the courts.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers