PSYC 3403 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Drain Cleaner, Partial Agonist, Doctor Shopping

23 views9 pages

Document Summary

Started in us 1980s as response to rising prison pops. Major steps: application, crown screening, admission process, program participation, completion. Multiple needs: personal issues, relationship issues, how they handle things, chaotic unstable lifestyles and life situations, employment problems, previous criminal history, education deficits, homelessness. Reaso(cid:374)s for opti(cid:373)is(cid:373) : numerous us studies found decreases in sub use and crim activity, reductions in recidivism, reduced sub use, 6 months. Ni(cid:272)e idea (cid:271)ut : methodological problems and issues. Not matched on genders and age etc that matters. Drop out group as the comparison group. You know that people who drop out of the intervention are the most vulnerable to relapse. Parti(cid:272)ipatio(cid:374) i(cid:374) dtc (cid:373)ay i(cid:374)(cid:272)rease (cid:862)ti(cid:373)e(cid:863) i(cid:374) cj . Treatment not designed for specialized client with unique and challenging. La(cid:272)k of suffi(cid:272)ie(cid:374)t (cid:272)apa(cid:271)ility to (cid:373)eet (cid:272)lie(cid:374)ts" (cid:373)ultiple (cid:374)eeds needs. Programs do not embrace established characteristics of evidence-based. Court officials do not have formal training and expertise in substance abuse assessment and treatment.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers