PSYC 3604 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Dark Triad, Limbic System, Neurochemistry

13 views17 pages

Document Summary

In dsm the same 10 personality disorders but no axis they have their own chapter: otherwise they are the same in term sof pds, possible future changes: Interpersonal: empathy cannot empathise with people, criteria b, one or more pathological personality traits, taits that hurt us, general personality disorder in the dsm 5. Increased dopamine activity associated with positive symptoms and decreased dopamine activity associated with negative symptoms: cluster b: dramatic erratic, borderline personality disorder, unstable moods. Inhibits social bonding and relatinosips: narcissistic personality isorder, think they are the best, want others to feed their ego, pathological narcissism, pathological narcissism is a broader construct that includes npd. There are two phenotypic themes: narcissistic grandiosity, entitlement rage, exploitativeness, grandiose fantasy, and self-entitlement, narcissistic vulnerability (narciccism is a mask) contingent self-esteem, hiding the self, devaluing, brief pathological narcissism inventory, grandiosity items. I can make anyone believe anything i want them to. I often fantasize about being rewarded for my efforts.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers