RELI 1710 Lecture 7: RELI Week 7 Christian Beliefs

61 views9 pages

Document Summary

Gospels (4) life and teachings of jesus (biography/history) Written by the same person who wrote luke (part i & ii) Apocalypse (1) book of revelation (cid:862)joh(cid:374) of pat(cid:373)os(cid:863) Chronology is not a part of christian writings. Nt is arranged according to genre, not chronology. Paul writes back to the communities he"s built/started and left. He writes to help with crisis within the church. Paul did(cid:374)"t (cid:449)(cid:396)ite 1 co(cid:396)i(cid:374)thia(cid:374)s as a title. He says (cid:862)i(cid:374) the p(cid:396)e(cid:448)ious lette(cid:396) i (cid:449)(cid:396)ote to you(cid:863) which means that he is referring to a letter prior to 1 corinthians that we do not know of. Consensus of nt scholars that it represents a second paul, writing on behalf of paul. Paul didn"t live to see (died in 55-60 ce) the destruction of the second temple & writing of the gospels. Died too early to see the jewish war coming. He doesn"t actually know anything about jesus or his life.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers