SOCI 2150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Body Language, System On A Chip, Small Talk

41 views4 pages

Document Summary

Intersecting friends acquaintances, interests: sociability characterizes this stage. Focus tends to remain on introducer, if one introduces self- keep chatter general. Embodied initiations occur only in situations basically, who is and how many are. Paradigm fits most if not all relational forms. Introducing self b: testing the filtering process i. ii. iii. i. ii. i. ii. Very preliminary sizing up- jerk or not. Deciding to move to next stage- yes or no. Initial sizing up= immediacy (those you take to have high immediacy) Assumes attraction, interest; want to know more. Sense of closeness, openness for contact, evolves. Who, how many (more prstige may lead to greater immediacy) How many co-presents; influence of co-presents (more co-presents of influence and affect immediacy. Decision to move forward to next level or not. Body language; gestures, postures, movement, facing: experimentation. Attempt to develop sociative bonds (how much sharing of soc contrs, goals, interests) Safe way to self-id, let others get closer.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers