PSYC 423 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Division Of Tangney, Clinical Psychology, Western Betrayal

61 views9 pages

Document Summary

Shame and guilt: shame and guilt, shame and guilt are, self-conscious emotions (i. e. related to the self; also include emotions like. Embarrassment and pride): related, but different from each other (i. e. shame is about yourself; guilt is about the things you do): If a person feels shame, they feel inadequate as a person (i. e. they see their whole self as being unacceptable; shame is a strong, uncomfortable emotion). If a person feels guilt, they feel this about a specific action or behaviour (i. e. guilt is less severe, but more specific emotion than shame): shame and guilt vs. Embarrassment: as compared to embarrassment, shame and guilt have been rated as more intense and as involving: Feelings that others are also angry at oneself: embarrassment occur: With more trivial and humorous events (positive). With a greater sense of exposure and conspicuousness. Larger audiences: empirical research on shame and guilt, research has been based on:

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers