BIOL 2060 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Life Table, Generation Time, Passive Transport

23 views3 pages
12 Apr 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Populaions will change over ime but at any singular ime a measure of populaion can be taken: number of individuals, births and deaths, age, sex, biomass. This informaion can be summarized into a life table which allows you to track changes over ime: can help to analyze past trends, present status and future projecions. Based on four major parameters: immigraion (addiions, births (addiion, death (loss, emigraion (loss) Will help to indicate what the populaion is doing (stable, increasing, decreasing) + b d + i e. =number of individuals one time step in the future t +1. B =number of births for that time step. I =number of immigrants for that time step. Type i: high juvenile survival and mortality occurs in older individuals. Type iii: low juvenile survival rate and higher adult survival rate. With mostly young individuals a populaion is most likely stable or increasing. With mostly older individuals, a populaion is decreasing.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers