INDS 212 Lecture Notes - Lecture 58: Stroma Of Cornea, Intraocular Pressure, Aqueous Humour

47 views5 pages

Document Summary

Sclera covers posterior 5/6 of eye and is made up of dense regular. Ct, w/intersecting type i collagen bundles, alternating w/ elastic fibres, and very few blood vessels. This fibre arrangement gives form to eye, with help of the intraocular pressure from aqueous and vitreous humours. Tendons of eye muscles attached to outer surface of sclera. Cornea anterior portion of fibrous tunic that bulges anteriorly. 1: corneal epithelium: continuation of bulbar conjunctiva, stratified, squamous, non-keratinised epithelium covering cornea anteriorly; numerous free nerve endings terminate here (reason why cornea so sensitive to pain), 2. Bowman"s: fibrillar membrane of randomly arranged collagen type i right below corneal epithelium: 3. The transparent corneal stroma (or substantia propria) represents thickest layer; conspicuously avascular, mostly type i collagen fibres arranged in lamellae (w/fibre orientation shifting from lamella to lamella), ground substance, sulfates and fibroblasts (keratocytes): 4. Descemet"s membrane: thick bm separating stroma from the underlying endothelium.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers