BIOL 350 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Judith Rich Harris, The Nurture Assumption, Albert Camus

15 views2 pages

Document Summary

Hu(cid:373)a(cid:374)s ha(cid:448)e p(cid:396)ide i(cid:374) thei(cid:396) offsp(cid:396)i(cid:374)g. (cid:862)ill tea(cid:272)h the(cid:373) (cid:396)ight(cid:863) ill ensure my knowledge and morals and beliefs are passed on to them. This emotion of pride in offspring is uniquely human. Humans plan to have children and then seek pride in them. It could be argued this pride is a projection of oneself. Our predeccors that become ancestors were preoccupied with not just surviving and having sex (like other animals) and pre occupied with becoming proud parents. From a genetic point of view it is good to fear immortality because we pass on our genes and try to do so with the best mates. Legacy drive from males as one might predict because of paternity uncertainty, should be particularly intense this providing insight for interpreting the long history of patriarchy in human culture. Evidence shows males more than females try to shape offspring to be like selves. Evolution has not set us up for immortality.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers