BIOL 350 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Human Sexual Activity, Homo Sapiens, Natural Selection

15 views2 pages

Document Summary

*evolution and human sexual behavior/ sex genes and rock n roll*/ why sex matters*/ But sex has shaped the evolution of human nature which is the root cause of collapsing civilizations and environmental problems. The homo sapiens/ humans that did not pass on their genes may have had good survival skills but without offspring you cannot have descendents. Trade offs trade offs in life history and now through time, resources and risks in order to. *nature better fathers have smaller testicles study found evolutionary trade offs between mating prowess and parenting involvement. Mating effort can also be broken down into trade offs; courtship effort, mate guarding. Courtship effort (cid:272)a(cid:374) (cid:271)e (cid:271)roke(cid:374) do(cid:449)(cid:374) i(cid:374)to (cid:272)ourti(cid:374)g se(cid:448)eral (cid:373)ates or the (cid:858)falli(cid:374)g i(cid:374) lo(cid:448)e effort(cid:859) with one mate. This is a gold mine of evidence that genes affect how we think and feel and the decisions we made.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers