BIOL 350 Lecture Notes - Lecture 28: Libido

35 views2 pages

Document Summary

Evolutionary theory: behavioural traits of a species that are common today are, male traits: those that: Maximized # of copulations and number of partners. Minimized uncertainty of paternity through subjugation and coercion to control female fertility: female traits: those that. Maximized male quality both genetic and provisioning (when choice was possible) Promoted vulnerability to subjugation and coercion by men, when choice was not possible: be(cid:272)ause of thei(cid:396) i(cid:374)t(cid:396)i(cid:374)si(cid:272)all(cid:455) s(cid:373)alle(cid:396) potential body size (on average), and hence weaker potential strength, historically male power= prolificacy. E(cid:448)olutio(cid:374) of wo(cid:373)a(cid:374)"s lo(cid:449)e(cid:396) se(cid:454) d(cid:396)i(cid:448)e: for women the only alternative to marriage were employment in a low pay job and not regarded as citizens. Lower sex drive may have helped in prevention of having more kids than you could care for. May also have helped in wise mate choices. She wants high quality offspring that are cared for (cid:271)(cid:455) a (cid:395)ualit(cid:455) (cid:373)ate.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers