LLCU 214 Lecture 3: LLCU 214 W3

87 views8 pages

Document Summary

Read chapter of textbook, & first 3 pages of chapter 3. Red two articles posted on onq , and watch two movies. It is the same fascination which stands behind the success of the godfather saga: shortcut to success, self made men, money, privilege, provides alterative justice. Nostalgia: the mafia, in giovanni verga (cavalleria rusticana) such as in francis ford coppola (the. Godfather) is nothing less than the longing for a world we have lost, where honour and passion are pristine. It is (cid:374)o(cid:449) (cid:271)etter tha(cid:374) se(cid:448)eral (cid:455)ears si(cid:374)(cid:272)e i (cid:373)o(cid:448)ed to ne(cid:449) york, a(cid:374)d i ha(cid:448)e(cid:374)(cid:859)t see(cid:374) you as much as i would like to. Chicago after midnight, the heart of broadway and dressed to kill: their background was the prohibition act. Their protagonist, almost invariably, was the sicilian immigrant dreaming, in the way of the mafia, the american. Dream: at that time, everyone was dreaming this american dream (moving west, looking for gold).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers