PLG 600 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Scantron Corporation, Group Dynamics, Literature Review

65 views4 pages

Document Summary

Not simple conversation, job/media interview context, difference, meaning. Interviewer does not engage respondent beyond structured questions (e. g. few probes) Consider: sample size, recruitment, incentives, consent, procedure, transcribing. Use unstructured topic guide or structured questions. Outcomes are tied to group dynamics & relationships. No more than 12 for a focus group discussion. Co(cid:374)sider: # of groups, group size, setti(cid:374)g, i(cid:374)(cid:272)e(cid:374)tives, grou(cid:374)d rules, (cid:373)oderator"s role. Round table: people can see each other face to face. Size of the group: 6-12 (manageable, sufficient time for everyone to participate) Co(cid:374)versatio(cid:374) of parti(cid:272)ipa(cid:374)ts: did(cid:374)"t i(cid:374)(cid:272)lude youth, or you(cid:374)g adults i(cid:374) the group size. Video: interviewer sets questions which are qualitative so that they are clear and understandable by participants. Probe the participants for information (ex: asked participants how they spend their typical day was unclear to the participant further probed for clarification to the participant). Main section: key themes, more challenging questions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers