PSY 325 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Behavioral Addiction, Hypersexuality, Online Game

113 views8 pages

Document Summary

Unconscious conflicts between primitive desires and constraints give rise to psychopathology. Symptoms of mental disorders due to reinforcements and punishments for specific behaviors and feelings. People"s (cid:449)a(cid:455)s of i(cid:374)te(cid:396)p(cid:396)eti(cid:374)g situatio(cid:374)s, thei(cid:396) assu(cid:373)ptio(cid:374)s a(cid:271)out the world and self-concepts can cause negative feelings/behavior. Conform to demands of others instead of pursuing own values and potentials. Behavioral theories: any muscular, glandular, or electrical activity of an organism is a behavior, e. g. sweating, speaking, eating, running, thinking, worrying, learning occurs through, classical (pavlovian) conditioning, operant conditioning. Indirect pathways: both voluntary and involuntary behaviors are subject to conditioning. Example of a fear hierarchy for flying phobia: the plane has landed and stopped at the terminal. The agent gives me the times and flight numbers: the plane has taken off from the airport and banks as it changes direction. I am aware of the tilt: the plane starts down the runway and the motors get louder as the plane increases speed and suddenly lifts off.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers