PSY 505 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Anna Freud, Personality Development, Oedipus Complex

18 views5 pages

Document Summary

Suffered from identity issues as a child and teenager. He was born as erik abrahamsen, and was raised as erik homburger. He was danish but raised jewish living in germany. Rejected by jewish peers because he look nordic and rejected by german peers for being jewish. "when i started to write extensively about 25 years ago, i really thought i was merely providing new illustrations for what i had learned from sigmund and anna freud. I realized only gradually that any original observation already implies change in theory. An observer of a different generation, in a different scientific climate, cannot avoid developing a field if it is a vital one. " (erikson in evans, 1967). He extended freud"s theory in 3 ways: He elaborated on freud"s stages of development. He placed greater emphasis on the ego. He recognized the impact on personality of cultural and historical forces: the view of man underlying the theory. Personality development does not necessarily include anxiety.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers