CRIM 321 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: The Vancouver Sun, National Post, Sample Size Determination

59 views2 pages

Document Summary

Exploratory: seeks to investigate under-researched aspect of social life. Descriptive: seeks to richly describe an aspect of social life. (experience of female athletes, understanding wage discrepancies with female athletes) (males are taken more seriously in sports in comparison to women) Explanatory: seeks to explain an aspect of social life. (media covering hate crimes, increase in the past of crimes against those who are muslims. Nature of research questions: what do you want to know must align with the chosen method. Fo(cid:396) (cid:395)ual (cid:396)esea(cid:396)(cid:272)hes: (cid:862)the i(cid:373)po(cid:396)ta(cid:374)(cid:272)e of the su(cid:271)je(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e (cid:373)ea(cid:374)i(cid:374)g i(cid:374)di(cid:448)iduals (cid:271)(cid:396)i(cid:374)g the research process and acknowledge the importance of the social (cid:272)o(cid:374)st(cid:396)u(cid:272)tio(cid:374) of (cid:396)eality(cid:863) Qualitative research as a dance, iterative process. See chapter 3 to assist with the proposal assignment as well as suggested readings by. Role of reflexivity role of the researcher (social location) and the understanding that research/knowledge is produced within specific social conditions and moments.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers