PSYC 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: German Shepherd

46 views3 pages

Document Summary

Self-awareness: from birth to 4 months infants have no sense of me. " they are responders. Not cognizant of separation between self-other: self-awareness develops gradually. 12 months most still don"t see a me. ". Red-dot experiment shows self- recognition (leads to consciousness of other people: jean piaget"s (1896-1980): theory of cognitive development, cognitive development: emergence of the ability to think and understand. Proposed that knowledge develops in light of children adapting to and responding to their environment. Child acts on the world and the world responds back: as a child experiences the world they develop schemas (i. e. , organized collection of beliefs and feelings about aspects of the world). Like mental drawers or structures for the interpretation and organization of new information. When something clicks and makes sense) (look at logic children use to explain things) During the sensorimotor stage, infants explore with their hands and mouths, learning important lessons about the physical world such as, if you whack.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers