Nomadic Hunters andAgriculture
Beginning of Paleolithic age (<= 10000 BCE)
- Nomadic hunting
- Oral communication
- 500000 yrs of evolution
NeolithicAge (8000 – 3000 BCE)
- Cultivation of plants and animals.
- Settling in villages.
- Finding of flaked stone tools (eoliths)
- Between 500000 – 100000 BCE, evolution of the flaked stone tool (slow progress due to lack of
Fire controlled and maintained by 500000 BCE.
- Term focus – hearth : The focus of the house is the fire.
- Fire always maintains its importance
- First manufacturing technology: Flaking of Stone Tools
- Crudely formed, non-standard, non-specialized.
- Eventually create Acheulean HandAxe
- Eventually see specialized tools (170000-40000 BCE)
- Finally composite stone flaked tools
-Attachment of one tool to another. (e.g. hand-axe on to wood for leverage)
Concurrently with the discovery of these tools we see the introduction of cave-art. (30000 BCE)
- Paintings of things important to them – Deer, mammoths, cattle
- Perhaps early religious sense
- Painted in bowels of caves
- Considered taking control of the creatures due to the difficulty
- This c