GRST 209 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Golden Fleece, Phrixus, Pelias

95 views5 pages

Document Summary

Euripides, wrote medea & medea is the main character, about jason and. The golden fleece: athamas + nephele (goddess= cloud goddesse), have 2 children: Helle escaping east riding on the golden ram: folktale motif: evil step mother ino, helle falls off the ram at hellespont and drowns, names the spot where she died hellespont. Ram continues on to colchis, where aeetes is king. Aeete sacfice the lamb to god, phrixus gives the fleece to aeetes. Hung in the sacred grove of ares, guarded by a serpent/dragon. The voyage of the argo: builds a great ship by argus. Talking bow = dodona, jason talks to it: jason collects a band of warriors. Heracles (late edition) has become a famous hero, orpheus (late edition), castor (tame horses, mortal) and polydeuces (boxer, immortal) [brothers of helen], zetes and calais (son of the north (cid:449)i(cid:374)d, ha(cid:448)e (cid:449)i(cid:374)gs, a(cid:396)e se(cid:373)i di(cid:448)i(cid:374)e(cid:895), tela(cid:373)o(cid:374) (cid:894)aja(cid:454)"s father),

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers