HTST 201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Peterloo Massacre, Henry Hetherington, Birmingham Political Union

69 views4 pages

Document Summary

Example paper: in this paper, i intend to examine the psychological forces that helped to bring western european nations to the point of war in 1914. My central argument is that nationalism, or love of country, played a powerful role in encouraging ordinary people on both sides to support wwi. I will demonstrate this thesis through the analyses of modern day historians and by enlisting the comments of well known writers who recorded the reactions of their countrymen prior to and following the hostilities. All the british had to do to make it more relevant was make it more inclusive. Manchester: the new trading and manufacturing towns, london, birmingham, sheffield, leeds, liverpool, it did not represent the middle class. They need to be represented because they pay the taxes. They are now educated and can think about public affairs and all political matters: very narrow electorate, boroughs. Burgage and freeholders 35: counties vote.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers