HTST 201 Lecture 14: More Midterm info/Practice Examples

115 views3 pages

Document Summary

In this essay i will explain why france experienced revolution in the. 18th c while britain managed to avoid it. My thesis is that the british systems of government and administration were capable of dealing with major socio-economic developments while those in france were not. I will focus my discussion on factors such as war, lending and bureaucratic facilities. Crimean war 1853 56: thesis, the first war in which the public were intimately involved. God and nation/race: russia versus france over protection of christians in the. Turkish ottoman empire: russian greek orthodox, france roman catholics, gb- resistance to russia. Four battles: the alma, balaklava, inkerman, sebastopol. Nunu: result, french ~ 95000, british 22000, russian 450000, total ~ 650000, most on both sides died from diseases. A lot of people for short war. Public participation : camera first european war to be photographed, electric telegraph. Public recognition of valor: the war also led to the establishment of the victoria cross in.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers