ASCI 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Early Christianity, Rein, Dean Hamer

35 views2 pages

Document Summary

Almost all cultures have some kind of divine explanation about how people got here. Supernatural being created our world and the people within it. Making the first tools is associated with the making of god. Early tool making looks at a stone and sees a transcendent future possibility. (cid:862)i(cid:373)agi(cid:374)i(cid:374)g the sto(cid:374)e i(cid:374) a differe(cid:374)t state(cid:863) Tweedy said because right handed is the dominant hand, it is linked with left side of brain, is where the thoughts enter for abstract thinking. This actually further developing this side of the brain. Rituals about death and the use of tools separate humans from animals. Bodies are prepared, set a (cid:272)ertai(cid:374) (cid:449)ay, dressed a (cid:272)ertai(cid:374) (cid:449)ay: (cid:271)iologi(cid:272)al death does(cid:374)"t end human existence. We see drawings of animals and humans combined. In the last generation a lot of academics have been looking at the idea of a god. Early cave paintings lead to religious thinking.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers