CIS 1250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Luiza, Pareto Principle, Affordance

28 views4 pages

Document Summary

The 80/20 rule (the pareto principle: pareto was an italian economist, 20% of people hold 80% of wealth, 20% of the invested input is responsible for 80% of the results obtained/effects of the large system. Tells us about where to focus our resources (the 20%: not all parts are equal. Some parts of the product will be more important than others. Accessibility: things should be designed so that they are usable by as many people as possible, 4 characteristics to keep in mind: Achieved when everyone can perceive the design i. e. multiple representations for parts of the product (buttons on an elevator) Everyone should be able to operate the design no matter of physical capability. Everyone can easily use the design (cid:862) i(cid:373)plicity is the ulti(cid:373)ate sophisticatio(cid:374)(cid:863) leonardo da vinci. Design should minimize the consequences of user errors. Advance organizer: used to pro(cid:448)ide a high le(cid:448)el descriptio(cid:374) of (cid:449)hat"s happe(cid:374)i(cid:374)g.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers