EDRD 4010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Sustainable Tourism, Nature Reserve, Psychographic

67 views4 pages

Document Summary

A foundation of constructing a tourism system. Natural features are a fundamental ingredient (i. e. natural resources, heritage environment) Development of the natural area through financial and entrepreneurial resources is required. Tourist motivation and behaviour is analyzed to identify potential patrons. Travel psychographics are used to match traveler personality to destinations and activities (i. e. sensation seeking ) Intrinsic reflected through one"s innate needs and desires leading to goal-oriented behaviour. Extrinsic motivations reflected through one"s social needs and pressures which are culture dependent and change across the life span. The combination of both intrinsic and extrinsic motivations makes it possible for people to engage in ludic behaviour (i. e. desire to escape and ego-enhancement) Volunteer tourism: the conscious, seamlessly integrated combination of voluntary service to a destination and the best, traditional elements of travel arts, culture, geography, history, and recreation in that destination. (voluntourism)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers