FRHD 2260 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Dishabituation, Habituation, Joint Attention

9 views2 pages

Document Summary

Naturalistic: o(cid:271)ser(cid:448)i(cid:374)g is key (cid:271)/(cid:272) i(cid:374)fa(cid:374)ts (cid:272)a(cid:374)"t talk, want to know how brain works, (cid:862)they should (cid:271)e a(cid:271)le to do this a(cid:374)d that at this age(cid:863), (cid:862)are they o(cid:374) target? (cid:863) Standardized developmental tests: ee if they get the (cid:862)(cid:374)or(cid:373)ati(cid:448)e(cid:863) results, done over a period of time. Experimental designs: control groups are needed to see if experiment works. Reliability: same behaviour seen repeatedly, consistent and predictable results. Used to know what infants are thinking. Ways of measuring development: high amplitude sucking how fast their sucking, preference paradigm which do they prefer, conditioned head turning. Bayley scales of infant development (dsid: mental capacity, motor skills, revised: cognition, language, motor, adaptive, socioemotional. Classical conditio(cid:374)i(cid:374)g (cid:894)i. e. pa(cid:448)lo(cid:448)"s dog(cid:895: stimulus + behaviour behaviour is connected to stimulus. Contigency/operant learning: operant + contingency, operant = behaviour, contingency = consequences of behaviour. Memory: reactivation = simple reminder, reinstatement = briefly rehearse contingent response.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers