HIST 2500 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Anglican Sacraments, Exclusion Crisis, Toleration Act 1689

16 views2 pages

Document Summary

Charles i not to blame for the breakout of war but he did lead with the attempted succession of the high church. General monk comes down to dissolve the parliament, invites charles ii to come take reign of the kingdom. Charles ii wants to restore the british settlement before the wars before him. All of these are trying to return the church of england to the time when charles i had it, bishops are back attempting to restore the power of the church. Cromwell embarked on a social revolution to give all the land back to the prod. People (cid:449)ho are(cid:374)(cid:859)t i(cid:374) fa(cid:448)our of the (cid:374)e(cid:449) (cid:272)hur(cid:272)h still ha(cid:448)e po(cid:449)er (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause of the. Directors of the great charter companies are dominated by prodi sent decedents. Declaration of indulgence 1672 : extends some not all civic rights to decenders. Test act 1673: individuals must take oath and allegiance to the crown and church.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers